Skip to main content

Full text of "Bob Buente South Park BID Emails through 10/2018"

See other formats

Re: Monthly Parking Rates

Subject: Re: Monthly Parking Rates
From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: 05/23/2018 11:39 AM

To: "bbuente@1010dev.org" <bbuente@1010dev.org>
CC: Marcus Lieber <Marcus.Lieber@armaninoLLP.com>

Bob, have you had a chance to took at this yet?

From: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Date: Monday, May 21, 2018 at 4:07 PM
To: "bbuente@1010dev.org" <bbuente@1010dev,orq>
Cc: Marcus Lieber <Marcus.Lieber@armaninoLLP.com>

Thanks for looking into this Marcus. Looping Bob in.

Bob - here's the background:

In the process of securing parking for Lulu, it came to our attention that the operator of
the parking garage, Classic Parking, has not been invoicing us for our monthly spaces
since Dec 2015 (their invoices have only been for valet tickets that we've validated).

Now Classic wants to back-invoice the entire amount: $25,300. Are you aware of any deal
that was worked out for the trucks being able to park in the garage?

Thanks,

Ellen

From: Marcus Lieber <Marcus.Lieber@armaninoLLP.com>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM
To: Ellen Riotto <ellen@southpark.la>

Hi Ellen,

A look back at historical payments shows that Classic began invoicing SP on a monthly

1 of 4

10/19/2018 08:51 AM

Re: Monthly Parking Rates

basis beginning in July of 2016, however the first invoice included the months of April -
July of 2016. There's no record of Classic Parking ever billing SP BID (2013-2017), for
regular monthly parking fees.

Thanks,

Marcus Lieber
Supervising Senior
Business Management

ArmaninoLLP <http://http/armaninollp.com>

11766 Wilshire Blvd., Ninth Floor | Los Angeles, CA 90025
(310) 478-4148 x5794 main | (310) 703-1227 fax

On May 17, 2018, at 8:52 PM, " tcollins@classicparking.com

<mailto:tcollins@classicpa rking.com> " < tcollins@classicparking.com

cmailto:tcollins@classicparking.com> > wrote:

Hi Lulu, it was a pleasure meeting with you today and we appreciate you diving
right in to assist in getting South Park's monthly parking up to date.

Per our discussion, the original monthly fee agreed upon by South Park and Classic
Parking was $200 per vehicle and $250 per overnight truck.

Since our discussion, Classic has decided to lower the monthly parking fees by $50
per vehicle and $50 per overnight truck from January 2016 thru May 2018.

We have also decided to make every vehicle (including the 2 overnight trucks) $200
per month beginning June 2018.

Here is the breakdown for previous/current months:

Monthly Parking Owed From Previous Months

Jan 2016 - Jan 2016

1 Vehicle(s) @ $150 = $150

Feb 2016 - Apr 2018

3 Vehicle(s) @ $150 = $450 X 27 Months = $12,150

Feb 2016 - Apr 2018

2 Overnight @ $200 = $400 X 27 Months = $10,800

TOTAL

$ 23,100

2 of 4

10/19/2018 08:51 AM

Re: Monthly Parking Rates

Monthly Parking May 2018
4 Vehicle(s) @ $150 = $600

2 Overnight @ $200 = $400

TOTAL $ 1,000

Monthly Parking June 2018
4 Vehicle(s) @ $200 = $800

2 Overnight @ $200 = $400

TOTAL $ 1,200

Invoices will be provided based on these amounts.

We will need a cancelled check to get your account set up.

We bill 1 month in advance, so all invoices will be marked "Due."

As discussed earlier today, we are willing to take installments on the previous
months owed if necessary, however, we are also under the assumption that South Park
budgeted for their parking expense, in which we are hoping to collect the full amount as
soon as possible.

Lito Dimazana is our CFO whom I've
contact information is:

Classic Parking, Inc.

3208 Royal Street

L.A., CA 90007

(213) 742-1238

copied in this email and our corporate office

Best regards,

Tiffany Collins
1111 S. Hope Street
L.A., CA 90015

3 of 4

10/19/2018 08:51 AM

Re: Monthly Parking Rates

(213) 748-1459
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This communication, including attachments, is for the exclusive use of the person or
entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary and/or
privileged information. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or
taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this by mistake, please contact the
sender immediately.

4 of 4

10/19/2018 08:51 AM